Two degrees. Six years.
Earn a B.A. and a law degree from KU in just six years. KU’s LEAD Program offers you a valuable opportunity to obtain a Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and a Juris Doctorate from KU’s School of Law in six years.
With more than 50 departments, the College offers the largest selection of majors and a rigorous academic environment for preparing to pursue a law degree. A Bachelor of Arts degree provides you with the core skills necessary for successfully completing a law degree: critical thinking, reasoning, and writing. LEAD students have additional benefits over those completing a traditional degree program:
- Guaranteed admission to the School of Law (assured criteria must be met)
- Opportunities to connect with KU Law professors before law school – such as taking coursework to help you explore the legal career field and prepare for law school
- Participate in firsthand legal-based experiences to further explore the legal field including visiting the Kansas Supreme Court and touring trial courts and private law firms in the area
- A dedicated LEAD advisor during undergrad years to guide you through your KU undergrad journey
- An emphasis on community and connecting with peers, faculty and staff in law
KU Law Facts
- No. 17 Best Value Law School in the Nation (U.S. News & World Report)
- 75 percent of incoming students receive scholarships (LEAD student will be eligible to receive Law scholarships once they enter the School of Law)
- 93.3 percent employment rate (fifth consecutive year with a placement rate above 90%)
- No. 14 ranked Moot Court program (ranking done by University of Houston Law Center)
- No. 18 (97.7% pass rate) in ultimate bar pass rate (American Bar Association)